Below you can find a list of all our available dogs. If the dog is still posted on our website, it is still available for adoption. We update the website regularly to reflect which dogs we have available.
The first step of the adoption process is to complete an Adoption Application on our website, which can be found here.
We are a 100% foster based rescue, we do not house dogs at our facility. The first step in adopting is to complete an application.
To read more information about the dogs below, please click on the individual photo.
[pet_adoption_listings shelter_id=”80343″ iframe_width=”650″ iframe_height=”1000″]
The following is important information regarding our adoption process, policies and procedures. Please read each point over thoroughly before submitting your application.
1. All potential adopters must fill out an online adoption application. We have volunteers who work from home to process your application. Please be patient. The application process typically takes 7-10 days. Please fill out the application completely and honestly in order to ensure that your application will be completed in a timely manner.
2. Our volunteers will be contacting all of your references, including your Veterinarian (if applicable) and landlord (if applicable), so please notify them prior to submitting your application to speed up the process. Be sure to check your email, including Spam folder, for a response from Home for Good. All communications regarding your application must go through email.
3. Any pets currently in your household must be up to date with vaccines, including Rabies, and be seen for annual wellness visits. We DO NOT adopt dogs out to homes with un-altered animals.
4. All dogs placed by HFGD are to be house dogs. NO dog will be placed in a home where they will be outside-only dogs or farm dogs. HFGD reserves the right to schedule a home visit to ensure the safety of our rescues.
5. Approved applications are valid for 6 months. After 6 months, you must re-submit an application. This applies to previous adopters as well.
6. Please keep in mind that HFGD may have already received applications on the dog you are interested in. For this reason, the dog you are interested in may not be available once your application is finished being processed.
7. Upon approval and acceptance, you may schedule a Meet and Greet via email only with the dog of your choice, subject to availability. Meet and Greets will be scheduled in the order they are requested. If the dog you applied for is no longer available or is not the right match for your home, HFGD will work with you to find another dog that will be a great fit for you and your family.
8. Please be advised that your entire household, including any canines or caregivers, must be present for the Meet and Greet. HFGD does not allow adoptions as gifts or surprises. The entire household must meet the dog and be in agreement to bringing the dog into the home. NO EXCEPTIONS.
9. Approved Applications do not guarantee adoption. A meet and greet is the final step in placement of our dogs. HFGD wants to ensure that it is the right fit for all humans and canines involved.