Home for Good updates its relevant lifesaving statistics on an annual basis.
- 879 dogs came into our care for the very first time
- 885 dogs were adopted out.*
- 908 dogs passed through our care**
- Live Release Rate: 99%**
*This number includes dogs returned to our care by their adoptive owners. Home for Good always takes its dogs back and rehomes them in the instance that an adopter cannot continue to care for them.
**A small percentage of dogs were transferred to other rescues for adoption, were lost dogs returned to their owners, or were adopted out in 2017 after coming into our care at the end of 2016. This number does not include dogs already in our care at the start of 2016.
*** Our “Live Release Rate” is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. As a 100-percent foster-based rescue, Home for Good does not euthanize dogs for space.
- 908 dogs from shelters, community rescue groups, or the public.
- 63.3% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good from shelters throughout South Carolina and Georgia
- 26.7% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good from community animal rescue groups in South Carolina and Georgia
- 10% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good by their owners or found as strays.
- 895 dogs passed through our Aiken property and entered foster care in New Jersey.
- 75 volunteer families opened their homes to foster.
- 178 active volunteers (including 75 fosters) assisting with all aspects of Home for Good’s operations
- Over 15,000 hours of service donated
- 80.9% of our adoptions occurred at our offices in Berkeley Heights, NJ
- 19.069% of our adoptions occurred at an off-site adoption venue
- 0.03% of our adoptions occurred at an off-site Home for Good fundraiser
- 0.001% of our adoptions occurred in Aiken, SC
Board of Directors as of Dec. 31, 2016:
- Toni Ann Turco, Co-Founder & President of HFG
- Richard Errico, Treasurer
- Kim Deskovick
- Anthony Laura
- Dirk Vander Sterre
- Jess Chang
- Gale Mellusi
- John Wicklow
- Howard Shallcross