Home for Good Dog Rescue (HFGDR) is a 100% foster-based, non-profit 501(c)(3) dog rescue established in 2010 in Summit, New Jersey with offices in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey. We rescue homeless dogs from high-kill shelters in the South, which are overflowing with unwanted dogs on the brink of being euthanized. We socialize, care for, and provide them life-saving medical care at our property in Aiken, SC, transport them to our rescue in New Jersey, and nurture them in our network of foster families while they await adoption into loving homes – giving them a second chance at life.
We’re represented on ShelterAnimalsCount.org.
Lifesaving Data for 2017:
- 857 dogs came into our care for the very first time
- 818 dogs were adopted out.*
- Live Release Rate: 99%**
*This number includes dogs returned to our care by their adoptive owners. Home for Good always takes its dogs back and rehomes them in the instance that an adopter cannot continue to care for them. A small percentage of dogs were transferred to other rescues for adoption, were lost dogs returned to their owners, or were adopted out in 2018 after coming into our care at the end of 2017.
** Our “Live Release Rate” is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. As a 100-percent foster-based rescue, Home for Good does not euthanize dogs for space.
- 818 total dog adoptions, including returned animals.
- 68.7% of adoptions were puppies (younger than 1-year-old)
- 31.297% of adoptions were adults (between 1-year-old and 7-years-old)
- 0.003% of adoptions were senior dogs (older than 7-years-old)
- 5,797 total adoptions since founding in 2011 (through December 31, 2017)
- 857 dogs from shelters, community rescue groups, or the public.
- 94.28% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good from shelters or community animal rescue groups throughout South Carolina and Georgia
- 5.72% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good by their owners or found as strays.
- 826 dogs passed through our Aiken property and entered foster care in New Jersey.
- 78 volunteer families opened their homes to foster.
- 179 active volunteers (including 78 fosters) assisting with all aspects of Home for Good’s operations
- Over 15,000 hours of service donated
- 87.29% of our adoptions occurred at our offices in Berkeley Heights, NJ
- 12.68% of our adoptions occurred at an off-site adoption venue
- 0.03% of our adoptions occurred at an off-site Home for Good fundraiser