Home for Good Dog Rescue (HFGDR) is a 100% foster-based, non-profit 501(c)(3) dog rescue established in 2010 in Summit, New Jersey with offices in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey. We rescue homeless dogs from high-kill shelters in the South, which are overflowing with unwanted dogs on the brink of being euthanized. We socialize, care for, and provide them life-saving medical care at our property in Aiken, SC, transport them to our rescue in New Jersey, and nurture them in our network of foster families while they await adoption into loving homes – giving them a second chance at life.
We’re represented on ShelterAnimalsCount.org.
- 1034 total dog adoptions in 2020, including returned animals.
- Over 9000 total adoptions since founding.
- 9000 dogs from shelters, community rescue groups, or the public since founding
- 10% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good by their owners or found as strays.
- 90% of these dogs were transferred to Home for Good from shelters or community animal rescue groups throughout South Carolina and Georgia
- 155 volunteer families in New Jersey opened their homes to foster in 2020.
- 339 active volunteers (including fosters) assisted with all aspects of Home for Good’s operations and donated over 3500 hours of service.
Our Board of Trustees:
- Toni Ann Turco, Founder
- Richard Errico, Treasurer
- Thomas F. Callahan, Managing Director, Blackrock, Trustee
- Bernard Cicirelli, Peacock Printing, Trustee
- Kim Deskovick, Trustee
- Robert J. Pompliano, Esq., Trustee
- Howard Shallcross, Senior Vice President, Morgan Stanley, Trustee
- John Wicklow, Wicklow & Laurano Landscape Contractors, Trustee